Get inspired to transform unusued space alongside your home into a vibrant oasis.
- Soothing garden escape. Use foliage to give the space a warm, lush feel.
- Plant a border in pots. Enhancing a narrow in-ground bed is easy with a row of potted plants.
- Create a colorful alfresco room. Go for a trellis for shade, curving seat wall and a fountain.
- Plant on wheels. If you like to rearrange your side yard a lot, grow plants in containers for mobility, and put casters on the largest ones. This gives you flexibility to move plants around as the sun exposure changes, or if you’re entertaining.
- Tropical paradise. Turn your side yard into an exotic outdoor destination. A jungly planting theme gives a tantalizing glimpse of the oasis beyond.
- Potting station. Turn a small side yard into an intimate nook that can double as a potting station and a space to unwind.
- Carefree containers. Dotting your space with containers is an easy way to add cheer.
- Dramatic passage. Add character to a side yard entrance by embellishing what’s there.
- Space to play. Have little ones? Make unused space a heaven for fun.
- Stone bricks. Update grassy strips with stone bricks.
- Cooling off. A side yard is a great place to install an intimate outdoor shower.