Got a front yard and wanna incorporate edibles there? Herbs and veggies don’t look very pretty, so you can blend them with decorative plants to make your front yard look beautiful and garden-like, here are some tips.
- Edibles that blend in are basil, fennel, artichoke, sage, thyme, phormium. These edibles will add texture and movement to the garden, and some of them have beautiful flowers, too.
- Choose crops that have good foliage all season. Save mildew-prone crops for the backyard.
- Leafy crops look amazing and you can get them for foliage: lettuce, kale, red mustard, purple mizuna, and arugula aren’t only edible but also will add to the look.
- Small-fruited tomatoes because of their fruit clusters are extra-ornamental and their foliage doesn’t deteriorate too rapidly.
- Go for herbs. Low plants knit everything together, making a garden look like a garden. Plus, you can let some of it flower to lure in bees.