Is it possible to give your dog freedom in your garden and still enjoy a cool landscape? Of course! Make your garden pet-friendly and train the pet a little bit to achieve it, here are some more helpful tips.
- Be patient. First, your garden beds will be destroyed but get ready psychologically, this is the part of the process.
- If you have enough space, create an appropriate space for your dog to enjoy the outdoors without destroying everything. Cover the space with non-toxic materials or better grass, add pet’s favorite toys and surround it with a fence.
- Dogs love running along fences, so leave this space for them by creating some kind of the way, instead of beautiful flowerbeds.
- Choose pet-friendly path cover, wood or gravel is the best idea, while stones or pebbles can harm their paws.
- Never apply pesticides on your plants if the dogs have free access to them, and none of toxic substances should be used.
- Try not to make gardening while your dog is looking, it may think that you want him or her to play.
- If still your puppy makes a mess in the yard, it will not help to punish him after the deed. Fix it only if you catch him or her in the action.
- A potted garden is an interesting option not only for small spaces, as for those who have dogs, then the puppy won’t dig your plants.