Follow these tips when starting a balcony flower garden and you can grow beautiful and colorful flowers without a garden.
- Start with a few pots. If you have started recently, do not immediately fill up your balcony with so many plants. Give some time. Begin with 3 to 5 plants at a time. Once you have a green thumb, go for more.
- Choose right plants. In the beginning, buy 2-3 annual flowering plants and 2-3 perennials. Perennials that are native and most suitable in your climate are the first ones you should try.
- Don’t grow annuals from seeds. Annuals take time when grown from seeds and if you have not started off the seeds at the right time, they will start to flower late, maybe at the end of the season.
- Grow in combinations. Don’t grow flowering plants alone, especially annuals. Create beautiful combinations.
- Thriller, filler, spiller. For a balcony flower garden, use Thriller Spiller Filler concept to create great arrangements of plants in containers.
- To have a year-round blooming flower garden on the balcony, choose plants that bloom at different times of the year.
- Do not use plants with more than 3 different colors in addition to green.
- When choosing containers, prefer to have them in the same color to create a harmony.
- Buy accessories and pebbles. Buy one or two small garden accessories to adorn your balcony flower garden. Also, above the soil put pebbles, gravels, and colorful stones.