Remember of cleaned off porches we’ve told you about? Today we’ll have a look how to keep your garden clutter-free too.
- Reclaim the entry. Block off a corner near your entry with a trellis, train a vine to clamber over it, then tuck a bench behind.
- Make a park out of a path. Make an entry path feel more like a nature trail than a garden walk.
- Limit your plant selections. Give the stars of each bed enough room to show off. Then restrict the supporting cast to a few plants that complement them.
- Use one plant per pot. A single plant with a bold, sculptural shape is easier on the eye than a mixed planting.
- Use a neutral color palette. Neutral colors are restful to look at, and here, they frame views rather than compete with them.
- Create an oasis. A place that indulges your senses and feels like an escape can be as relaxing as a spa visit or an island vacation.